Wednesday 11 August 2021

Music Is Very Easy In Nigeria Than US- American based Singer, Sanmi Michael


King Dairo Oluwasanmi Adeniyi famously known as Sanmi Michael Akile Tungba of  Newyork is one of the Nigerian born singers making great waves in diaspora. 

Is currently based in US where is plying his trade.

The very creative and multiple talents singer was born in to the family of musician and he has  started playing music at very tender age. However, the amiable singer can also play many musical instruments, this made him to stand out  among his peers.

In this interview, he took us into his background, his music, his sojourn to US and many other things about him

Tell us about your journey in to music

My Name is Dairo Oluwasanmi Adeniyi. Born to the family of Rev & lady Evangelist Olatunde Dairo

I Went Sacred Heart Private School Onireke ibadan, also attended
Molusi College, ijebu igbo,Ogun state.

I had my tertiary institution at Ladoke Akintola University of technology Ogbomosho where i studied Agricultural Economics and Extension.

I'm currently Based in New York. United States of America  and 
Blessed with  wonderful 3 kids

I was born  into music because  my dad was a musician in the olden days with Victor Olaiya, Adeolu Akinsanya etc

I started from playing from church, before i later Joined Yinka Ayefele's  Band and i later Established my own band .

I have played with numerous artists in Nigeria before I traveled abroad. .
Playing keyboard was my major before going into lead vocalist.

Can we say that your dad influenced your choice of playing music?

Yes, because music  runs in the blood and my mum was a choir director too and started playing piano from the  age 10.

Did you face any objection from your parents when you started music at that very tender age?

Yes,  because,  my dad knew the  problem in Music but i later  have my way to face music fully,   thank God,  I'm not regretting my decision.

What were the steps taken when you started music properly, how did you manage to stamp your name among various musicians you met on the scene

 I have God first and it was God that helped me to achieve all my  goals in music industry. 
There are  sorts of problems in any business you do which is  normal but for you to excel and to scale through is another thing.

 Tell us some of the challenges faced as a beginner then?

Let me just  mention few out of them, for instance, 
When you at a party and  rain started at the time you about to make money another instance is  when you meet another artist at the event and your  equipment refused to work at all.

Sometimes to get our balance from client after performance also given us serious challenge, but thank God with determination we were able to overcome all the challenges.
 
 Who are your contemporaries in the music cycle?

Femo lancaster, Lanre Atorise, Yinka Adonia.


 How many albums to your credit?
2 albums 

Thanksgiving and Praise time

 When did you released them?

 2008 and 2015
Another one coming out this December titled 'MY TIME'

 Your sojourn to US, let's talk about it

I left Nigeria for Yankee in 2013 finally and since then  my music has been doing great, this  makes the  entire people  of Newyork gave  me the title 'AKILE TUNGBA OF NYC

 Basically, what kind of music did you play?

I played  Gospel- Juju music.

 How will you compare music in Nigeria and USA?

 To be frank with you, 
Music in Nigeria is the best because  you will have all you need to make your music grow but here in America you will use any resources available.

Especially, talking of band Men here is really hard but tank God i can play keyboard  myself which really helped me a lot.
That is the reason  why i visited Nigeria twice a year to download and reload back.

 

 As a very handsome dude, how did you cope with female admirers?

Its  not easy,  but self determination is very important in business and you must not put Business with pleasure


 Who is your role model in  the music industry?

Sir Shina Peters and My World best Boss Evang Olayinka Ayefele " OJA "

 Finally, what your fans should be expected from your coming album

  The album loading is to appreciate all my fans home and abroad, even to those who have contributed in one way or the other to my success too. Full of Alujo all through  and Praises too

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

This is faaji Entertainment Blog, your complete entertainment blog for NEWS, ENTERTAINMENT, MUSIC, VIDEO, TECH, ART AND CULTURE where you get all happenings in the entertainment world on the go. We are passionate to serve you entertainment news as it breaks without compromising on the ethics of the profession.

Popular Posts

Labels

Blog Archive