Wednesday 14 July 2021

Music Is my Food- Top Gospel Singer, Tope Agogo



Evangelist Doctor Temitope Oguntuase popularly known as Tope Agogo is one of the vibrant gospel singers making serious waves in the industry.

The handsome and very talented singer of God is a multiple award winning singer with many albums to his credit.

He recently spoke with us on his journey so far and how he was able to be at the top of his game. 


Kindly tell us about yourself

My name is Evang  Dr. Temitope Oguntuase popularly known as Tope Agogo, am from Ekiti state, I went to Majolate Primary School, Mushin, and Ilupeju College, Obanikoro


How was your journey in to the music?
First of all, I will like to let you know that music is my food, music is what gives me joy and hapiness, music is my calling.

But the journey was so hard, for instance,  if we were invited to perform at an occasion,  sometimes we don't usually get paid,  I have to trek with my band members. But today, I'm thanking God for his blessing and love for us.

Apart from music what else did you do?

 Apart from the music, am also a prophet of God and we praise him for using us at his vineyard.


What is your relationship with other artists?

We all do things together, because am the chairman of Goman Ejigbo/Isolo zone and also the president of C&S gospel music, so, our relationship is very cordial.


 
 Tell us about your love life

Am happily married and blessed with children. I'm doing wonderfully well with my family, I blessed God for that.


What can you say about the present conditions of gospel music?


Presently music is not like before, the advent of social media is killing the music industry. The album is not selling any longer, people are now downloading music  from online, instead of buying the hard copies.  Thank God, we are still coping with the present situation.

How many albums to your credit?

 I released  Eleda mi tete la in 2008,  after that,  I released Aso Ogo in ,Sir Aso Ogo in 2012  Ibi giga in 2015 and a joint album  Destiny Arise&Shine in 2017.  I did Agbara emi mimo in 2019 and  Irawo mi in 2020

How many awards to your credit?

 My first award was  doctor of music  by Artise magazine,2nd oct 2011, second award was given to me  by Jesus Christ the king c&s excellence in June 2016. I also received  glorious wonder spiritual merit award in Oct 2018 with holy spirit church of Christ c and s merit award  that was 2018 too.

 I was also honoured with CDO Africa gospel music celebrity &icon award in Jan 2019 followed by  Moses Wonder Music Entertainment and Holy spirit church merit award the two awards  in 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

This is faaji Entertainment Blog, your complete entertainment blog for NEWS, ENTERTAINMENT, MUSIC, VIDEO, TECH, ART AND CULTURE where you get all happenings in the entertainment world on the go. We are passionate to serve you entertainment news as it breaks without compromising on the ethics of the profession.

Popular Posts

Labels