Saturday 25 January 2020

Unveiling, Evangelist Kike Olatunji, the angelic voice gospel singer rocking music world in USA

 
Lady Evangelist Kike Olatunji is one of the gospels singers making great waves and  impact in music world in diaspora. The sonorous singer of God presently based in USA where she is plying her trade as a singer cum health worker.

Olatunji, who married to Engineer Tunde Olatunji has two albums to her credit, her debut album was released in 2007 and the second one is very ready to hit the music market.

In this brief interview, Olatunji, told us about her life, how she met her husband and her new album. Excerpt.        

Briefly tell us about yourself

 My name is lady Evangelist Kike Olatunji, I'm a gospel Artist. A graduate of Education Management from the famous university of Ibadan, Nigeria. I'm married with kids. I live in USA and presently a Nursing student.

Can you share your family background with us?

I was born in Lagos, Nigeria to Mr and Mrs Anjorin, I'm from Oyo state and I'm the fourth child of 6 children. I got married in 2007, precisely 11 years ago to Engineer Tunde Olatunji
And the marriage is blessed with wonderful and amazing kids to the glory of God.

Kindly tell us about your sojourn in to music

 I started as a chorister in the church at age 7, but professionally I released my first album titled ‘Korin titun’ in 2007 as a youth corps

 What were your parent's reactions when you ventured in to music?

My parents were so supportive, they have my back. I thank God for giving me such amazing parents. I remembered when I released my first album and we had to launch it, they supported me financially


Your first album was released in 2007, what prompt the title and how was the acceptance?

Well, the title, I will say was an inspiration from God, however, being the first album it was sold locally. I did little publication with some radio stations and TV stations, in addition to that, i had few TV and radio interviews too, but you know the Music industry is so large and brand is very important


Any other one after that?

Yes,  I did another one in 2008, shot by my husband titled ‘Oba Ayo’. It was actually released on my wedding day.

When did left the shore of Nigeria to USA and why?

 I left in 2017, my husband resides in USA.

 Who is your role model in music?

 I tried not to see anyone as a role model other than God, but I will say that I appreciate the anointing over some of our leaders in the gospel music industry, such as Mama Bola Aare, Atinuke Obanla , Tope Alabi and the late Baba Ara of blessed memory.


As a gospel singer,  how will you compare music here and in Diaspora?

Hmmm, it's not really comparable, because everything you need in Nigeria is at your reach for example the studios they are mostly digital, and it's a white man's land especially in the USA where it's of different nationalities

It seems that your husband is very supportive to your music career,  how will you describe him?

My husband is my number 1 fan, is not just a father, but a daddy. His love for his family is excellent.  I thank God for giving me such a husband because to me he is a blessing.

Lets digress a little in to your love life, where did you meet your husband, how did he woo you and what makes you said yes to his love?

I met him in a studio, he used to own a multimedia studio in Surulere , Lagos,  however, my album poster was pasted on the wall in the studio where I met him. Little did I know that he had questioned the studio manager about the picture of me in the poster, so fortunately, i was in the studio that faithful day and the rest became a history today.


Tell us about your new album

 The new album is titled ‘Everlasting Grace’, it's a four track album. One of the tracks is about marriage.  Another track preaches repentance and preparing for the last day.

When are we expecting it?

It’s coming out in April this year by his grace.

Finally, your words to your fans

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

This is faaji Entertainment Blog, your complete entertainment blog for NEWS, ENTERTAINMENT, MUSIC, VIDEO, TECH, ART AND CULTURE where you get all happenings in the entertainment world on the go. We are passionate to serve you entertainment news as it breaks without compromising on the ethics of the profession.

Popular Posts

Labels